The Maryland State Gas Tax will increase on July 1st. The 10% increase will raise Maryland’s gas tax to 47 cents per gallon, making it one of the highest in the country.
Since 2013, Maryland’s gas tax has been tied to inflation, unless the governor and legislators intervene. According to some estimates, the average Maryland driver could pay $366 per year.
What is the Gas Tax? A gas tax is commonly used to describe the variety of taxes levied on gasoline at both the federal and state levels, to provide funds for highway repair and maintenance, as well as for other government infrastructure projects. These taxes are levied in a few ways, including per-gallon excise taxes, excise taxes imposed on wholesalers, and general sales taxes that apply to the purchase of gasoline. Definition provided by taxfoundation.org
- Baltimore Orioles Legend Brooks Robinson Dies At 86
- Ravens Running Back J.K. Dobbins To Miss Rest Of Season With Torn Achilles
- Howard University Enhances Security Measures Following Assault On 4 Students
- Dunkin’ Officially Rolls Out Fall Flavors!
- Intoxicated Carjackers Attempt To Steal Ride-On Bus In Wheaton
- Beyoncé Paid Metro $100k To Operate An Extra Hour Due To Weather Delays At Her Concert
- Taylor Swift Shares Special Moment With Kobe Bryant’s Daughter, Bianka, During Los Angeles Tour Stop
- Report: U.S. Capitol Police Searching Senate Office Buildings After Unconfirmed Reports Of An Active Shooter
- Drake Brings Lamar Jackson On Stage During D.C. Stop: “This Is My Quarterback”
- Report: Coppin State Dismissed From Sexual Assault Lawsuit Involving Former Basketball Staff Member
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Maryland’s Gas Tax Is Set To Increase Effective July 1st was originally published on woldcnews.com
Tropical Storm Warning Issued Along East Coast, Here’s How It Will Impact Maryland
Bishop Walter Scott Thomas, Pastor Of The New Psalmist Baptist Church In Baltimore, Announces Retirement
Amazon To Hire 9,000 Employees In Maryland For The Upcoming Holiday Season
Memphis Jail Deputies Indicted For Beating Black Inmate To Death
NJ Airport Restaurant That David Brooks Falsely Complained About Is Black-Owned
Wisconsin County Leader Whines He Can’t Get Grants Because His ‘Skin Is Too White’
Alabama School District Promises ‘Disciplinary Action’ For Students’ Racist Snapchat Messages
Face The Facts: 05-13-2021