Today for Black History Month 2019, we are highlighting the iconic singer–Aretha Franklin.
Birth Date: March 25, 1942
Hometown: Memphis, Tennessee
- Aretha Franklin started off singing Gospel music in the church
- Aretha Franklin was good friends with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Aretha Franklin was known as the Queen of Soul
- Aretha Franklin sang at former U.S. President Barack Obama’s inauguration ceremony in 2009
- Aretha Franklin sold over 75 million records globally throughout her career
- Aretha Franklin was also an advocate for civil rights, Native American rights, and women’s Rights
We thank you for your contributions Aretha Franklin.
Tropical Storm Warning Issued Along East Coast, Here’s How It Will Impact Maryland
Bishop Walter Scott Thomas, Pastor Of The New Psalmist Baptist Church In Baltimore, Announces Retirement
Amazon To Hire 9,000 Employees In Maryland For The Upcoming Holiday Season
Memphis Jail Deputies Indicted For Beating Black Inmate To Death
NJ Airport Restaurant That David Brooks Falsely Complained About Is Black-Owned
Wisconsin County Leader Whines He Can’t Get Grants Because His ‘Skin Is Too White’
DID THEY FIND THE ALIENS? ‘Alien Corpses’ Unveiled in Mexico
‘Go Back To Africa’: Black Reporter’s Lawsuit Claims NFL Owner Was Racist On Zoom Call