Mayor Catherine Pugh has fired commissioner Kevin Davis as head of the city’s police force. Deputy Commissioner Darryl D. DeSousa will replace Commissioner Kevin Davis as the department’s 40th police commissioner.
Commissioner- Designate DeSousa, a New York City native who moved to Baltimore in 1983 and went to Morgan State University, will assume responsibility for the department immediately, the mayor says. Following appropriate approvals, his appointment as Commissioner will be made permanent.
“As I have made clear, reducing violence and restoring the confidence of our citizens in their police officers is my highest priority,” Mayor Pugh said.
- Baltimore Fighting Back Against Proposed Preakness Move in Lawsuit
- Mayor Pugh Returns $100K From Book Sales To U of MD Medical System
- Suspects In ‘Panhandler’ Killing Back To Baltimore
- Maryland Lawmakers Pass Bill Making Minimum Wage $15 by 2025
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @92qjamsbmore
10 Times Kim Kardashian Raided Kanye’s Closet
1. Kimmy’s Mini-Me.Source: 1 of 1
Mayor Pugh Fires Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis was originally published on 92q.com