Mayor Catherine Pugh has fired commissioner Kevin Davis as head of the city’s police force. Deputy Commissioner Darryl D. DeSousa will replace Commissioner Kevin Davis as the department’s 40th police commissioner.
Commissioner- Designate DeSousa, a New York City native who moved to Baltimore in 1983 and went to Morgan State University, will assume responsibility for the department immediately, the mayor says. Following appropriate approvals, his appointment as Commissioner will be made permanent.
“As I have made clear, reducing violence and restoring the confidence of our citizens in their police officers is my highest priority,” Mayor Pugh said.
- Bill Calling For Establishments On The Block To Close By 10 P.M. Due To An Uptick In Violence
- Forthcoming Doc ‘We Need To Talk About Cosby’ Unpacks Bill Cosby’s Legacy [Video]
- Sad & Preventable: Czech Republic Folk Singer Dies After Intentionally Catching COVID
- Did You Know That ‘Blacks for Trump’ Founder Maurice Symonette Was Reportedly In A Violent Cult?
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘92qjamsbmore’
10 Times Kim Kardashian Raided Kanye’s Closet
1. Kimmy’s Mini-Me.Source: 1 of 1
Mayor Pugh Fires Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis was originally published on 92q.com