A new report suggests pills taken from Prince’s Paisley Park estate marked as hydrocodone actually contained the powerful opioid fentanyl, according to The Minneapolis Star Tribune.
The outlet says that the level of fentanyl found in the enigmatic singer’s system would have killed anyone who consumed it. Prince, 57, was found dead in his elevator on April 21 and only weighed 112 pounds.
According to CNN, fentanyl is 50 times more potent than heroin and up to 100 times more potent than morphine. Authorities are looking into the theory that Prince was unaware of the toxicity of the pills at the time of death.
Investigators ruled his death an accidental overdose, but the recent finding gives more insight into Prince’s death – either the pills were obtained illegally or the manufacturer mislabeled the product, which would lead to an extensive recall.
Prince’s death sparked a national conversation surrounding prescription pill addiction and a hike in the distribution of wholesale counterfeit pills containing fentanyl.
Minnesota and North Dakota has seen a slew of deaths relating to the drug earlier this year, The Tribune reports.
SOURCE: CNN, Minneapolis Star Tribune | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
NEWS ROUNDUP: Judge Orders Genetic Testing For Alleged Prince Heirs…AND MORE
NEWS ROUNDUP: 13 People Who Filed Claims For Prince’s Estate Ruled Out…AND MORE
Pills Seized From Prince’s Home Mislabeled, Contained Fentanyl was originally published on newsone.com
Maryland’s Gas Tax Is Set To Increase Effective July 1st
Coincidence? Ajike Owens Killed By White Woman Amid NAACP Florida Advisory For Black Folks
Buy Black Tuesday: Where To Shop In B’More [5-30-23]
Jessie Maple, First Black Woman To Write And Produce Full-Length Independent Film, Dies
Minorities and Mental Health Series - Stress Awareness, PTSD, Trauma
Minorities and Mental Health: Mental Health Goals for 2023
Elite Income Advisors: 1-22-2022
New Maryland Law Prohibits Police From Using Weed Odor As Cause For Search