The Chicago Department of Water Management has been under investigation for reported sexist and racist behavior. The findings are deeply disturbing with several racist emails, especially about former President Barack Obama. According to Herald & Review, Inspector General Joseph Ferguson has recommended seven employees be disciplined.
The investigation began in 2016 when Inspector Ferguson began looking into the possibility of gun deals being conducted through a city email account. However, he found much more. Herald & Review reports that one of the emails included a disgusting joke about Texas farmers “bidding” on Obama as if he was at a slave auction, “Newly revealed email with the subject line ‘Obama Angry with Texas!!’ According to Ferguson’s report, the email states in part: ‘Obama will be making no more public speeches in Texas… He claims every time he gets up on stage to make a speech, some South Texas cotton farmers start bidding on him.’”
The outlet also reports there were comments about Black Lives Matter, “Yet another newly revealed email took aim at the Black Lives Matter movement, according to the report. ‘I really need to get out in the woods again if not to just be with the critters, but also to eradicate all the BLM idiots and all the bull s_from the idiots and criminals that back these….I’ll stop….,’ it read.” The vile emails were shared with a supervisor who was required under city policy to report it, which the supervisor never did. He has been suspended for five days.
Another supervisor reportedly failed to report even more emails “from a city employee in which the employee referenced traveling through two towns in North Carolina and Tennessee. The employee wrote: ‘Google both of them and I guarantee you can’t find a negro!; Soon afterward, the employee sent another email stating, ‘or a taco bender for that matter.’” The supervisor’s reported response? “God love you, you have found paradise you lucky mutha.”
Want news at your fingertips? Text WOLB to 71007 to join our text club!
- 4 Million Gallons Of Sewage Overflows In Baltimore
- 10 Best Places To Raise Kids In Maryland
- Maryland Gas Prices Are On The Rise Again
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
For The Latest News: Follow @wolbbaltimore
Meet All The Black People Competing In The 2018 Winter Olympics
1. Aja Evans, Team USASource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Elana Meyers Taylor, Team USASource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Hakeem Abdul-Saboor, Team USASource: 3 of 14
4. Chris Kinney, Team USASource: 4 of 14
5. Jordan Greenway, Team USASource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Erin Jackson, Team USASource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Shani Davis, Team USASource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Maame Biney, Team USASource:Getty 8 of 14
9. Kimani Griffin, Team USASource:Getty 9 of 14
10. Sabrina Wanjiku, KenyaSource: 10 of 14
11. Jazmine Fenlator-Victorian and Carrie Russell, JamaicaSource:Getty 11 of 14
12. Akwasi Frimpong, GhanaSource: 12 of 14
13. Audra Segree, JamaicaSource: 13 of 14
Chicago City Official Compared Obama To A Slave At An Auction was originally published on newsone.com