This month, 92Q is celebrating Black Music Month with a series of exclusive videos dedicated to Baltimore/Maryland artists. Tune in and watch all month (June 2016) as our hometown heroes sit down to talk about the art, culture and impact of black music, and how B’More played a part in their musical journey. Next up…
Baltimore-raised Brave Williams was the co-founder of the girl group, RichGirl, which included fellow crooner Sevyn Streeter. In 2009, before going solo, she signed to Jive records with the group and together, they pumped out several Billboard hits including their first singles “24’s” and “He Ain’t Wit Me Now,” toured with Beyonce and collaborated with Rick Ross and Fabolous on their “Swagger Right” single before breaking up in 2011.
After the break-up, Brave took a brief hiatus from music and began to pursue a career in the arts, landing roles in both television and film, such as the character of Bambi on BET’s “The Get Up,” a featured singer in TLC’s, “Crazy Sexy Cool” film on VH1 and a cast member on TV One’s successful franchise, R&B Divas.
Twitter – @bmorebrave
Instagram – @bmorebrave
LISTEN: Click here to listen to Brave’s Fearless EP.
EXCLUSIVE: Press play below to be the first to hear the first single off Brave’s forthcoming self-titled album…
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Singers & Rappers Turned Actors
1. Snoop Dogg has become an enduring fixture on the big screen as well as the small screen,Source: 1 of 10
2. 50 Cent lost up to 54 pounds in order to accurately portray his emaciated character in the film All Things Fall Apart.Source: 2 of 10
3. Mos Def starred in Monster’s Ball, 16 Blocks, The Italian Job,The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and Be Kind Rewind and more.Source: 3 of 10
4. LL Cool J has been in several movies and co-stars on a popular television series NCIS Los Angeles.Source: 4 of 10
5. T.I. had a supporting role in American Gangster and was one of the lead characters in Takers.Source: 5 of 10
6. DMX has parlayed his rough, rugged, and raw presence in to several movies.Source: 6 of 10
7. CommonSource: 7 of 10
8. Alicia Keys was smokin’ hot in the 2006 movie ‘Smokin’ Aces’Source: 8 of 10
9. Andre 3000 has made numerous guest appearances on television. He scored the lead role in the Jimi Hendrix biopic.Source: 9 of 10
10. Eminem turned to acting in the movie 8 Mile which was loosely based on his life.Source: 10 of 10
Brave Details What Keeps Her Encouraged In The Music Business + Previews New Music was originally published on 92q.com