Twitter on Thursday permanently booted far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and his website InfoWars off its platform Thursday. Jones was one of the network’s many haters who uses social media to spread their disproven and divisive ideas.
The social media giant said Jones violated its abusive behavior policy.
The suspension stemmed from Jones’ confrontation with CNN reporter Oliver Darcy Wednesday on Capitol Hill, which Jones live streamed through Twitter’s Periscope, CNN reported.
That wasn’t the first time that Jones crossed the line. Twitter suspended him for one week in August for a video in which he said, “Now is time to act on the enemy before they do a false flag,” according to the news outlet.
Jones is infamous for spreading lies. He’s most noted for a conspiracy theory that claimed the Sandy Hook massacre was a hoax, and the victims of the mass shooting were child actors.
Jones has promoted the false claim on his InfoWars site that the former president is a “radical Muslim” who prays five times per day toward Mecca, thanking President Donald Trump for “pointing all of this out.” The talk show host also claimed that Obama was responsible for creating the Islamic State terrorist group.
Social media seems overrun with a host of other haters, conspiracy theorists and scoundrels who should be booted based on the criteria used against Jones. Here’s a short list.
3. Kanye West
4. Azalea Banks
6. Tomi Lahren
7. Donald Trump
The Most Unapologetically Black Moments At Aretha Franklin's Funeral
1. Rev. Sharpton Reminding Trump Aretha Franklin Never 'Worked' For Him1 of 10
2. Fantasia's Vocals2 of 10
3. And Jennifer Hudson's!3 of 10
4. Aretha Managing To Get Farrakhan, Sharpton, Jackson, and Clinton on Stage Together4 of 10
5. Twinkie Clark Belting It Out5 of 10
6. Michael Eric Dyson Breaking Down How Aretha Was Black Without Apologies6 of 10
7. White People Freaked Out By Farrakhan At Aretha's Funeral7 of 10
8. Cicely Tyson's Hat And The Epic Speech8 of 10
9. Stevie Wonder Closing Aretha Franklin's Funeral9 of 10
10. Today's Front Page Of Detroit Free Press10 of 10
Why Stop At Alex Jones? Donald Trump And 6 More Conspiracy Theorists Twitter Needs To Ban was originally published on newsone.com