President Barack Obama may be thawing decades of frozen U.S./Cuba relations this week — solidifying his place in history and making him the first president to visit the country in nearly 90 years — but his teenage daughters are the ones making headlines.
Malia and Sasha Obama made the pressure of traveling with dad on his historic trip look like a piece of cake thanks to their grace and casual style. And we have to admit, we’re definitely taking notes.
Upon arrival on the island, Malia emerged from Air Force One in a floral sundress with white sneakers, while little sister Sasha donned a black and white Shoshanna piece. Sasha also paired her frock with sneakers, a trend we can’t get enough of.
The age-appropriate looks can be worn by both adults and teenagers, making this just one of the affordable and chic style trends we’ve seen on the First Daughters over the years.
It looks like in addition to being a shining light of positivity for girls all over the globe, Sasha and Malia are also making a splash in the fashion world.
Check out more pictures of the girls’ style evolution over the years.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Sasha & Malia Obama Are Becoming The Ultimate Role Models
1. Say Cheese!Source:Getty 1 of 19
2. Chillin'Source:Getty 2 of 19
3. Laid BackSource:Getty 3 of 19
4. Daddy's Little GirlSource:Getty 4 of 19
5. Too Cool For SchoolSource:Getty 5 of 19
6. Main SqueezeSource:Getty 6 of 19
7. Family PortraitSource:Getty 7 of 19
8. Smooches!Source:Getty 8 of 19
9. SpeechlessSource:Getty 9 of 19
10. Lady In RedSource:Getty 10 of 19
11. Walk This WaySource:Getty 11 of 19
12. Sister, SisterSource:Getty 12 of 19
13. Dressed To The NinesSource:Getty 13 of 19
14. Class ActSource:Getty 14 of 19
15. Jet SetSource:Getty 15 of 19
16. Holiday SpiritSource:Getty 16 of 19
17. State Dinner StyleSource:Getty 17 of 19
18. Hand In HandSource:Getty 18 of 19
19. Like Mother, Like DaughterSource:Getty 19 of 19
Take Notes: Malia & Sasha Obama Are Our New Fashion Role Models was originally published on newsone.com