The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is home to legends from past decades that left their mark on not just rock culture, but music culture. Every year new artists, musicians, and bands are inducted into the Hall of Fame for the historical music they created for the world. Today, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has made their announcement of who will be joining the list, and some credible black artists are among them.
Keep reading to see who!
Missy Elliot & A Tribe Call Quest Are 2023 Rock and Roll Hall Nominees was originally published on wtlcfm.com
1. Missy ElliottSource:Doritos
When it comes to Missy Elliott, we all can name a hit. She’s a songwriter, producer, and label executive who helped shape the culture in the late ’90s and 2000s. Missy was ahead of her time with her creative music videos and her unique, complex, custom costumes. She managed to be a songwriter, and start her own label all before achieving the status of being a platinum solo artist and a legend.
2. A Tribe Called QuestSource:Getty
A Tribe Called Quest shifted hip hop in the late 80s and 90s with their expressive thoughts and brilliance. They spoke positivity into the culture and expanded the genre with their creativity.
3. The (Detroit) SpinnersSource:Getty
The Spinners or Detroit Spinners made history in the R&B and Soul genre in the 60s and 70s. They continue to tour today with Henry Fambrough being the last remaining original member.
- Floyd Mayweather Spends Millions On Art Pieces At Art Basel
- Dwayne Johnson Visits 7-Eleven He Shoplifted From As A Child To Make Amends
- Review: ‘Black Panther 2’ Proves That We’re Stronger United As POCs
- The Iconic Stevie Wonder Will Headline The 2023 Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage®
- The Most Popular Halloween Costume in Your State
- ‘Black Adam,’ with Dwayne Johnson, Debuts with $67M
- ESPN’s College GameDay Heads South For HBCU Rivalry Between Jackson State and Southern
- Radio One Turns 42! A Timeline Of How Cathy Hughes Built A Black Empire
- Barack and Michelle Speak At 2022 Martha’s Vineyard African American Film Festival
- Texans Rookie John Metchie III To Miss Debut NFL Season After Leukemia Diagnosis