Five staff members of Prince George’s County’s Department of Parks and Recreation were honored with Lifesaving Awards on Wednesday evening by the Prince George’s County Fire Chief. They demonstrated remarkable courage and swift action when they rescued a 7-year-old who was drowning in a pool in Hyattsville, Maryland.
At a press conference held on Wednesday, accolades were bestowed upon Jalen DaSilva, Jordan Everhardt, and Caleb Guzman, all of whom were employed as lifeguards at Hamilton Splash Park at the time of the incident in June.
In a moment of crisis, when a child was retrieved from the water unconscious and not breathing, Jalen, Jordan, Caleb, and two other county employees leaped into action at the pool. They promptly initiated CPR on the child, as reported by Prince George’s County Fire and EMS Public Information Director Alan Doubleday.
With their combined efforts, including the use of an AED machine, the child began breathing again within a few minutes. Their quick and effective response undoubtedly saved a life that day.
source: The DMV Daily
- Chaos Erupts At Parkdale High School Dispute Turns Physical
- Judge Terminates Conservatorship Between Michael Oher & Tuohy Family
- Baltimore Orioles Legend Brooks Robinson Dies At 86
- Ravens Running Back J.K. Dobbins To Miss Rest Of Season With Torn Achilles
- Howard University Enhances Security Measures Following Assault On 4 Students
- Dunkin’ Officially Rolls Out Fall Flavors!
- Intoxicated Carjackers Attempt To Steal Ride-On Bus In Wheaton
- Beyoncé Paid Metro $100k To Operate An Extra Hour Due To Weather Delays At Her Concert
- Taylor Swift Shares Special Moment With Kobe Bryant’s Daughter, Bianka, During Los Angeles Tour Stop
- Report: U.S. Capitol Police Searching Senate Office Buildings After Unconfirmed Reports Of An Active Shooter
5 PG County Employees Awarded For Saving Drowning Child was originally published on woldcnews.com
Tropical Storm Warning Issued Along East Coast, Here’s How It Will Impact Maryland
Bishop Walter Scott Thomas, Pastor Of The New Psalmist Baptist Church In Baltimore, Announces Retirement
Memphis Jail Deputies Indicted For Beating Black Inmate To Death
Lunch with Labor 8.8.23 Podcast
NJ Airport Restaurant That David Brooks Falsely Complained About Is Black-Owned
Face The Facts: 05-13-2021
Wisconsin County Leader Whines He Can’t Get Grants Because His ‘Skin Is Too White’
Lunch with Labor 8.29.23 Podcast