Early Friday morning, Ricko Ford, 29, from Capitol Heights, and Wayne Pitt, 30, a resident of Gaithersburg, allegedly engaged in a peculiar carjacking incident involving a Ride-On Metro Bus in Wheaton. The incident occurred around 12:30 a.m. on August 11 near Connecticut Avenue and Georgia Avenue.
According to investigators, Ford and Pitt were picked up from the Glenmont Metro Station in Wheaton and informed the bus driver of their intention to travel to Greenbelt. When informed that the bus was en route to Montgomery Mall instead, the two men reportedly approached the driver and one of them declared their desire to take control of the bus.
Subsequently, the driver exited the bus and stepped away, allowing Ford and Pitt to make an attempt at driving away in the bus, as reported by the police. Within moments, law enforcement officers arrived at the scene and discovered Ford and Pitt situated at the front of the bus, holding bottles of alcohol. Despite repeated orders from the police, the two individuals were apprehended and taken into custody.
Following their arrest, Ford and Pitt were transported to the Montgomery County Central Processing Unit, where they faced charges for their actions.
source: The DMV Daily
- FedEx Field Evacuated After Sunday’s Commanders vs. Dolphins Game
- Wizards Friday Night Concert Series 2024 Schedule Revealed Featuring Hip-Hop & Local Greats!
- Amazon To Offer $25 Domestic Flights For Prime Student Members
- Dominos To Offer Free Pizza To Folks With Student Loans
- What Is The Most Popular Halloween Candy in The DMV?
- Teen Charged In Morgan State University Campus Shooting, Second Suspect Identified
- Morgan State University Cancels Homecoming Activities For The Time In History & Classes For The Remainder Of The Week
- Chaos Erupts At Parkdale High School Dispute Turns Physical
- Judge Terminates Conservatorship Between Michael Oher & Tuohy Family
- Baltimore Orioles Legend Brooks Robinson Dies At 86
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Intoxicated Carjackers Attempt To Steal Ride-On Bus In Wheaton was originally published on kysdc.com
Students At Kansas High School Stage Walkout After Viral Video Shows Black Teen Suffer Racist Attack
Here’s How You Could Get A Free Lyft Ride In Maryland This Holiday Season
WJZ News Anchor Fired After On-Air Racially Insensitive Remark
The Maryland Zoo Will No Longer Offer ZooLights
Mayor Brandon Scott Officially Launches Reelection Bid
Texas Attorney Arrested For Allegedly Smuggling Ecstasy-Laced Paperwork To Inmates
Bishop Carlton D. Pearson Dies At 70 After Battle With Cancer
The Inner Harbor Ice Rink Has Returned