The young man captured in a viral video of him offering free hugs during a Ferguson protest in Oregan back in 2014 is currently missing after a car accident, reportedly killing five family members.
According to the New York Daily News, Devonte Hart, 15, along with his siblings, 16-year-old Hannah Hart and 12-year-old Sierra Hart, are now missing after their family’s car fell from a cliff in Northern California near Mendocino.
Mendocino County Sheriff officials say they are not sure what caused the crash, but do know that there were no skin marks left on the scene. In addition, the accident killed killed three of his siblings and his parents, Jennifer and Sarah.
“We know that an entire family perished during this tragedy,” Sheriff Tom Allman said Wednesday.
There seems to been some type of trouble in the home as neighbors from their Woodland, Washington, neighborhood called child services last Friday because Devonte has been asking them for food. However local police claim they didn’t find any wrong doings in the home.
The Associated Press noted that it appeared that their pets were still at home and their belongings were still in the house.
It’s been reported that the Hart family homeschooled all of their children, didn’t let the eat sugar and grew their ow vegetables.
Sending prayers up to the family.
Photographic Proof Not Much Has Changed In Ferguson Since Michael Brown’s Death
1. 2014: Michael Brown’s lifeless body was left in the streets of Ferguson for more than four hours after he was killed by Officer Darren Wilson on August 9.1 of 14
2. 2015: Tyrone Harris, 18, was shot in Ferguson Sunday night by police for allegedly attacking them with a firearm. He remains in critical condition and is facing four charges of first-degree assault on law enforcement, five counts of armed criminal action, and one count of discharging a firearm at a motor vehicle.2 of 14
3. 2014: Unrest in Ferguson plagued the city after police officers clashed with protesters.3 of 14
4. 2015: Police stand to maintain the crowd after shots rang out on the anniversary of Mike Brown’s death.4 of 14
5. 2014: An unarmed protester was approached by police during protests in Ferguson. The image became one of the most memorable of the city’s uprising.5 of 14
6. 2015: A woman stands before police with her hands up in the air.6 of 14
7. 2014: After the shooting of Mike Brown and the death of Eric Garner, unrest continued to rise in Ferguson. After it was determined that Darren Wilson would not be indicted in the fatal shooting of the teen, protesters took to the streets.7 of 14
8. 2015: Since the death of Brown, over 100 men, women, and children of color have been killed by police. Worldwide protests have continued advocating for better training for police officers.8 of 14
9. 2014: A woman hit with pepper spray is doused with milk. Ferguson police issued curfews for protesters after incidents of arson and looting occurred during peaceful protests in the city.9 of 14
10. 2015: A year later, protesters say they too were hit with tear gas while protesting in the streets.10 of 14
11. 2014: The National Guard was called into Ferguson to “control” protests.11 of 14
12. 2015: A teen is caught in the crossfire during a shooting that took place in Ferguson on the anniversary of Mike Brown’s death.12 of 14
13. 2014: Army tanks filled the streets of Ferguson after protests turned violent in the city.13 of 14
14. 2015: St. Louis police with army gear arrive in Ferguson Sunday night.14 of 14
Boy In Viral Ferguson Hug Photo Missing After Family Car Plunges Off Cliff was originally published on hellobeautiful.com