Groupon is known for serious deals on everything from concerts to restaurants to clothes. The site got a boost when Tiffany Haddish told the hilarious story of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith going on a swamp tour with a Groupon. Now people are calling for a boycott after the n-word appeared on their site.
Earlier today, Groupon described the color of women’s fringed suede moccasin Boots as “N***er Brown.” The description also showed up on other boot listings on the site. See below:
According to TMZ, the VP of Global Communications for the company released a statement, saying “We are appalled that this language was displayed on our site … this is completely unacceptable and violates our policies — to say nothing of our values.” The product has been removed and the “third-party seller who listed it from its marketplace once it was made aware of the racial slur.”
People are calling for a boycott with the hashtag #ShutdownGroupon. Tiffany Haddish is the spokesperson and she has not made a statement as of yet. No one should ever doubt the power of a hashtag. H&M, Pepsi and Applebee’s have all felt the wrath.
11 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.1 of 10
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.2 of 10
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.3 of 10
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.4 of 10
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.5 of 10
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.6 of 10
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.7 of 10
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.8 of 10
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.9 of 10
10. He gave us hope…10 of 10
There Are Calls To Boycott Groupon After The N-Word Was Used To Describe A Pair Of Boots was originally published on newsone.com