Baltimore’s acting police commissioner, Darryl De Sousa, is thinking about placing plain-clothed officers back out on the streets to search for guns and drugs.
“There’s an emphasis to safeguard the community, there’s an emphasis to reduce the violent crime in Baltimore city, and it’s my vision and it’s my goal to do that in an expedited fashion,” he said.
The department stopped all plainclothes units last year after some officers in the Gun Trace Task Force were indicted on federal charges.
- Police: Target in Towson Evacuated Due To Threat
- Man Dies in Port-a-Potty Fire at Ravens Stadium
- Man Rescued From Inner Harbor Over the Weekend
- President Trump to Veto Disapproval of Border Wall Emergency Declaration
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @wolbbaltimore
10 Times Kim Kardashian Raided Kanye’s Closet
1. Kimmy’s Mini-Me.Source: 1 of 1
Plain-Clothed Police Officers May Return To Baltimore Streets was originally published on 92q.com