It’s a tale as old of time. White folks feeling entitled to use the n-word and blaming hip hop. This is definitely the case for Russian designer Ulyana Sergeenko.
Sergeenko sent a hand-written note to lifestyle blogger Miroslava Duma, which read, “To my niggas in Paris.” Then, Duma thought it was a bright idea to post the note on her social media. See below:
Of course rightful outrage ensued and the designer did some whitesplaining on her IG, writing, “I woke up this morning with my phone full of insulting messages, ‘you deserve the worst in your life,’ ‘die white trash,’ and so on. I was born in a small town in East Kazakhstan, my daughter is half-Armenian, I have never divided people on white or Black.”
Clearly, her so-called apology started down the wrong lane, but she goes even further by letting you know she listens to Black music. “Kanye West is one of my favorite musicians, and NP is one of my most favorite songs. And yes, we call each other the N-word sometimes when we want to believe we are just as cool as the guys who sing it. I am deeply sorry to anyone I may have offended.” Fix it, Jesus.
See her full post below.
No, Ulyana, you are not sorry. Not only did you offend more people but you proved how wildly clueless you are — Blackness isn’t about being “cool,” just like being Russian isn’t about being any type of adjective. As a 36-year-old woman, you should know better and if you don’t, you should at least be smart enough to issue a proper apology.
In Memoriam: Celebrities We Lost In 2017
1. Erica Garner, 27Source:Getty 1 of 24
2. LeRoy Frasier, 80Source:Getty 2 of 24
3. Don Hogan Charles, 79Source:Getty 3 of 24
4. Combat Jack, 48Source:Getty 4 of 24
5. Mamie Johnson, 82Source:Getty 5 of 24
6. Della Reese, 86Source:Splash News 6 of 24
7. Simeon Booker, 99Source:Getty 7 of 24
8. David Cassidy, 67Source:Getty 8 of 24
9. Fats Domino, 89Source:Getty 9 of 24
10. Robert Guillaume, 89Source:Getty 10 of 24
11. Tom Petty, 66Source:Getty 11 of 24
12. Bernie Casey, 78Source:Getty 12 of 24
13. Jim Vance, 75Source:Getty 13 of 24
14. Fresh Kid Ice, 53Source:Getty 14 of 24
15. Charlie Murphy, 57Source:Getty 15 of 24
16. Chuck Berry, 90Source:Getty 16 of 24
17. James Cotton, 81Source:Getty 17 of 24
18. Joni Sledge, 60Source:Getty 18 of 24
19. Clyde Stubblefield, 73Source:Getty 19 of 24
20. Al Jarreau, 76Source:Getty 20 of 24
21. Mary Tyler Moore, 80Source:Getty 21 of 24
22. Lee "Q" O'Denat, 43Source:Getty 22 of 24
23. Bishop Eddie Long, 63Source:Getty 23 of 24
24. Roy Innis, 82Source:Getty 24 of 24
Russian Designer Whitesplains Using The N-Word And Wants You To Know She Loves Kanye West was originally published on newsone.com