A Detroit mother wishes she had the national spotlight of UCLA, star power of the Ball family and the backing of President Donald Trump to get her son, Wendell Brown, out of a Chinese prison, Yahoo Sports reported.
“If Trump helps us, if he helps Wendell, I won’t stop thanking him. He helped get three basketball players who were guilty get out. I pray he’ll help get my innocent son out. And if he does, I’ll thank him and thank him and thank him,” said Antoinette Brown as she watched a news report about the president seeking a thank you from LiAngelo Ball and his UCLA teammates.
Her son, Wendell Brown, had a stellar high school and college football career at Detroit’s King High School and at Indiana’s Ball State University, where he graduated in 2009. After playing professional football in Canada, Austria and the U.S. arena league, he coached at his old high school. Brown, 30, went to Chongqing, China, in 2015 to play and later coach football. Brown was falsely accused of hitting a man in a bar during a birthday party for a friend on Sept. 24, 2016, his mother said. He’s been in a Chinese jail for 14 months without the due process and other rights given to suspects in the United States.
Antoinette Brown, a hairstylist who co-owns a beauty shop in Detroit with her husband, learned about her son’s situation when one of his friends in China called. A lawyer in China told her that the authorities are demanding $100,000 in U.S. currency as restitution to resolve the case. The family, unable to put together that amount of money, launched a GoFundMe campaign. She feels totally helpless, as she watches the war of words between Trump and the Ball family patriarch LaVar Ball.
SOURCE: Yahoo Sports
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14 of 14
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U
An American Former Football Player Languishes In Chinese Jail While Trump & Ball Feud was originally published on newsone.com