Former first daughter Malia Obama, who has lived under a microscope since childhood, is expected to join her family on vacation after a weekend of being in the spotlight.
Weeks before starting her freshman year at Harvard University, Malia attended the Lollapalooza music festival to let her hair down on Friday night, Complex reports.
Complex said Malia was getting “pretty wild” during a performance by the Rock group The Killers. These images of Malia raised eyebrows. Many were unkind to her on social media, with some questioning whether she was high. Others just found it amusing.
Some folks defended the former first daughter.
Meanwhile, former President Barack Obama and his family returned to a familiar summer vacation spot, Martha’s Vineyard, on Friday, the Valley News reported. During his presidency, the Obamas spent seven summers at the Massachusetts resort island.
The former president, now a private citizen, was often under a microscope during his breaks from the White House. His political enemies trashed him for his golf outings and summer vacations.
According to PolitiFact, President Donald Trump has already played golf 21 times at his various golf clubs compared to President Obama’s 12 golf outings at the same point in their presidencies. And as the Obamas arrived at Martha’s Vineyard, President Trump began an extended 17-day vacation at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.
According to MV Times, the Obama family is expected to vacation on Martha’s Vineyard through Aug. 27, which coincided with Malia’s move-in date at Harvard, where both of her parents graduated.
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
Black Twitter Comments On Malia Obama Lollapalooza Video was originally published on newsone.com