Variety reports that Weinstein Television announced on Wednesday that it’s developing a daytime talk show featuring Hall, who will co-create, host and produce the program.
Harvey Weinstein, the company’s co-chairman, said in a statement that developing a talk show has been on his agenda for quite some time, but he needed the right person at the helm.
“Tamron is far and away that person,” Weinstein said. “She’s an exceptionally talented journalist whose interviews masterfully walk the line between entertainment and hard hitting. We couldn’t be more thrilled to begin this new venture with her.”
The daily talk show, which is currently untitled, will feature segments on current affairs, human interest and celebrity interviews.
Weinstein also said that his company is collaborating with Hall to create other non-scripted programming in addition to the talk show.
Hall left NBC News following the announcement that former Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly was joining the network and would appear on multiple shows, with one replacing Hall’s “Today” show time slot. NBC has said that they’d wanted Hall to stay, but it seemed to many that the network pushed her out the door.
Indeed, the National Association of Black Journalists described NBC’s move as a “whitewashing.” The organization noted that Hall and co-host Al Roker were “enjoying ratings success” before the switch.
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
Tamron Hall Returning To TV With Daytime Talk Show was originally published on newsone.com