Music icon Prince allegedly died of an opioid overdose, a law-enforcement source who insisted on anonymity told The Associated Press.
Prince, 57, was found in an elevator on his Minnesota estate on April 21.
The AP writes:
The official, who is close to the investigation, spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.
Investigators have been reviewing whether Prince died of an overdose and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks before his death.
This story is developing.
SOURCE: AP | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
Madonna’s Billboard Music Awards Prince Tribute Draws Shade On Social Media
NEWS ROUNDUP: Prince’s Bodyguard Dispels Drug Addiction Rumors…AND MORE
Top Black Pop Culture Moments Of 2016 (So Far!)
7 photos Launch gallery
1. Top Black Pop Culture Moments Of 2016: Steph Curry becomes the NBA's first unanimous Most Valuable Player and wins the award for the second straight season
1 of 7
2. Top Black Pop Culture Moments Of 2016: Tamar Braxton's sister shouts "Haay, Michelle! Girl, you look so good!" at the White House Black History Month event
2 of 7
3. Top Black Pop Culture Moments Of 2016: Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" performance at the Grammys
3 of 7
4. Top Black Pop Culture Moments Of 2016: Grandma Virginia McLaurin celebrates her 107th birthday
Source:Official White House Photo by Lawrence Jackson
4 of 7
5. Top Black Pop Culture Moments Of 2016: Beyonce's Black Panther "Formation" performance at the Super Bowl
5 of 7
6. Top Black Pop Culture Moments Of 2016: Chris Rock hosts the Oscars admist the #OscarsSoWhite controversy
6 of 7
7. Top Black Pop Culture Moments Of 2016: Rihanna delivers 'Black Girls Rock' 10th anniversary speech
7 of 7
Report: Prince Died Of Opioid Overdose was originally published on newsone.com