Happy and healthy relationships take work.It doesn’t happen naturally in our hectic day-to-day lives. You have to work it out.
In the last few weeks I have had the good blessing to talk with musicians, religious and family and friends. They have repeated what makes for great relationships and keeps them in balance. Our lives suffer when we don’t have good relationships either spiritually or emotionally. We need to figure out how to Work it Out.
There are things that we can do that will make our world a better place if we try. One of those things is strengthening the ties of our family and friends. Yes, we all have family issues from time to time that do not necessarily work well. A family often is a group of people who come to live together as well. They could be defined as close friends or co- workers. These 8 steps should help you immensely.
- Schedule in time. Schedule something big for all to do, like a day trip, a baseball game or basketball game, an outing to a free museum. Send an outlook invite or an e- card. Make it a big deal. t on the calendar that hangs on the refrigerator.
- Eat meals together as much as possible. Studies have shown that eating meals together helps with reinforce communication. If you unable to get together because of busy schedules, try breakfast.
- Do family responsibilities together. Set a weekly time to either have the chores completed or do the chores. This gives your some flexibility for scheduling.
- Create a family mission statement. Place it in a predominant place in your home. Read it and talk about it often. We deal with them at our employment. Shouldn’t it be time that you actually define what your family stands for. Malcolm X said “A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
- Have family meetings. 10 minutes in the middle of a hallways let’s everyone know what is going on. In the new age there is skype. Try something but communication on each others lives makes a world of difference.
- Encourage support for each other. Share when something goes well in life. Support and talk when things are going wrong. Everyone needs to know their feelings are being acknowledged.
- Take time out for yourself. Even the Department of Labor requires companies to give two 10-minute breaks during a work day. Shouldn’t you do the same?
- Volunteer together. Giving your time to make someone else’s life better is always a powerful learning experience. Learning important life lessons together will strengthen the relationship with you and everyone else.
Students At Kansas High School Stage Walkout After Viral Video Shows Black Teen Suffer Racist Attack
WJZ News Anchor Fired After On-Air Racially Insensitive Remark
The Maryland Zoo Will No Longer Offer ZooLights
Here’s How You Could Get A Free Lyft Ride In Maryland This Holiday Season
Mayor Brandon Scott Officially Launches Reelection Bid
License Plate Readers To Be Installed In South Baltimore In An Effort To Combat Crime
Texas Attorney Arrested For Allegedly Smuggling Ecstasy-Laced Paperwork To Inmates
Dr. Kmt Shockley, Dr. Sebis’ Son Abdul & Author Krystal Parker l The Carl Nelson Show